#gemrb@irc.freenode.net logs for 12 Jun 2012 (GMT)

Archive Today Yesterday Tomorrow
GemRB homepage


[00:04:32] --> brad_a has joined #gemrb
[00:04:54] <-- brad_a has left IRC (Client Quit)
[00:07:37] --> jeremyagost has joined #gemrb
[03:19:42] --> Canageek has joined #gemrb
[03:50:24] <-- Canageek has left IRC (Quit: KVIrc 4.0.4 Insomnia The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet. - William Gibson)
[04:48:09] <-- jeremyagost has left IRC (Quit: jeremyagost)
[05:12:51] --> wrotek has joined #gemrb
[08:22:47] --> lynxlynxlynx has joined #gemrb
[08:22:47] <-- lynxlynxlynx has left IRC (Changing host)
[08:22:47] --> lynxlynxlynx has joined #gemrb
[08:22:47] --- ChanServ gives channel operator status to lynxlynxlynx
[08:26:30] --> kettuz has joined #gemrb
[10:23:43] <-- Gekz has left IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[10:24:41] <-- kettuz has left IRC (Quit: Leaving)
[12:01:17] <-- Drakkar has left IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[12:02:55] --> Drakkar has joined #gemrb
[13:34:37] --> kettuz has joined #gemrb
[15:24:54] --> Yoshimo has joined #gemrb
[17:02:16] <-- kida_laptop has left IRC (Quit: 전 이만 갑니다.)
[17:05:49] --> kida_laptop has joined #gemrb
[19:09:39] --> olathuss has joined #gemrb
[19:10:19] <olathuss> greets
[19:14:11] <lynxlynxlynx> oj
[19:16:14] <olathuss> so here is my shield correction if you'd like to offer some feedback or some better ways
[19:16:15] <olathuss> http://pastebin.com/vmmzFDHT
[19:22:33] <olathuss> and here is my fix for the GUI marker (circle) feedback
[19:22:34] <olathuss> http://pastebin.com/HT54T7kB
[19:23:51] <olathuss> that first one is mostly for bg1 and iwd, it doesn't effect bg2 but I don't know about IWD2 and PST
[19:24:19] <olathuss> i might want to test those before fully submitting it
[19:40:03] <lynxlynxlynx> let's see
[19:42:13] <lynxlynxlynx> can't say much about #1, would have to see it ingame
[19:42:59] <lynxlynxlynx> next time, please use -w with git diff - i didn't anticipate whitespace changes
[19:43:23] <olathuss> oh yeah sure thing
[19:43:42] <olathuss> i was wondering how to ignore whitespace, thanks
[19:43:55] <olathuss> can that be done with format-patch also?
[19:46:34] <lynxlynxlynx> i doubt it, since it would change the commit hash
[19:46:41] <lynxlynxlynx> nice catch with Levels
[19:47:12] <lynxlynxlynx> i don't agree with special casing it, just change it on use
[19:50:48] <lynxlynxlynx> bg2 indeed has 6 values for it
[19:53:54] <lynxlynxlynx> iwd2 has just 5
[19:55:19] <lynxlynxlynx> pst doesn't have any specifics mentioned
[19:56:52] <lynxlynxlynx> http://paste.debian.net/174164/ <-- here's the comparison
[20:00:51] <-- olathuss has left IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[20:05:39] <lynxlynxlynx> uff, plenty of bugs when you look at it closely
[20:06:31] --> decker^ has joined #gemrb
[20:07:33] <decker^> yeah i wasn't sure about the special case, but now it reads from the ini file
[20:08:02] <decker^> i missed the "High - picked creature or selectable character or targeted creature" in BG2
[20:08:22] <decker^> is bg2 have the only special case there?
[20:11:02] <decker^> i am going to go get some lunch having trouble doing my trig homework on an empty stomach lol
[20:11:06] <tomprince> lynxlynxlynx: github should be working now.
[20:11:10] <decker^> so see you in a bit
[20:11:17] <-- decker^ has left IRC (Client Quit)
[20:12:33] <lynxlynxlynx> awesome
[20:13:11] <tomprince> (has been for awhile, but I guess I never said anything)
[20:13:26] --> jeremyagost has joined #gemrb
[20:22:36] <lynxlynxlynx> decker: just ignore the bg2 case
[20:23:01] <lynxlynxlynx> practically no difference between the extra levels
[20:50:42] <-- Yoshimo has left IRC (Quit: Yoshimo)
[20:54:12] <-- alexander__b has left IRC (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[20:58:17] --> olathuss has joined #gemrb
[21:04:08] --> alexander__b has joined #gemrb
[21:13:38] <-- kettuz has left IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[21:17:52] <olathuss> hey lynx i just though of why I used the special case to do -1 on it, and I don't like it either. The problem was with the GUI Feedback Slider, it sets the value (at least in BG) to 0-4. This means if it reads say a 4 from the INI file, if we do markerfeedback -= 1; at runtime this is correct, but once the user moves that slider it will create a problem.
[21:18:00] <olathuss> At least I think I might look at it one more time here.
[21:18:21] <lynxlynxlynx> we shouldn't mangle the config
[21:18:39] <lynxlynxlynx> the slider setting part can be easily fixed
[21:19:01] <olathuss> oh ok I was trying to but I can find where to do that
[21:19:22] <olathuss> i searched for a long time to find where it is but i couldn't
[21:19:26] <lynxlynxlynx> guiopt.py of various games (still not merged, but that's another story)
[21:19:53] <olathuss> what is the value it takes?? Is that the increment?
[21:20:08] <lynxlynxlynx> though it may be a true slider, so it wouldn't be that trivial
[21:20:11] <olathuss> Is there a way to set it so it is a range of 1-5 or in BG2 case 1-6?
[21:20:15] <lynxlynxlynx> let me check
[21:21:30] <lynxlynxlynx> yeah, true slider, setvarassoc
[21:21:45] <lynxlynxlynx> forget about bg2, it's a too trivial change
[21:22:55] <lynxlynxlynx> hmmm
[21:23:13] <lynxlynxlynx> (also, you can move orient initialisation out of the loop)
[21:25:30] <lynxlynxlynx> it can be done through the callback
[21:25:34] <olathuss> yeah I found my way into setvarassoc, but setvarassoc doesn't set the value of it right just connects that slider to that variable?
[21:25:47] <lynxlynxlynx> we now use it only for help, but with separate variables, the shift can be done nicely
[21:25:49] <olathuss> the slider change callback you mean?
[21:26:05] <lynxlynxlynx> yep DisplayHelpMarkerFeedback
[21:26:11] <olathuss> ah
[21:26:18] <lynxlynxlynx> you can make the slider use a different variable
[21:26:45] <lynxlynxlynx> and then in the callback use gemrb.setvar(different variable+1)
[21:28:14] <lynxlynxlynx> quite a can of worms you've opened
[21:28:27] <olathuss> lol no doubt
[21:28:30] <lynxlynxlynx> this would have to be repeated in all guiopts
[21:28:43] <lynxlynxlynx> that's why i mentioned they weren't merged yet
[21:29:11] <olathuss> can this all be done within the guiopts then I wouldn't have to touch anything else yeah?
[21:30:14] <olathuss> can it use two callbacks cause doesn't the DisplayHelpMarkerFeedback still need to be called?
[21:35:11] <lynxlynxlynx> only one
[21:35:20] <lynxlynxlynx> but you don't need to remove the existing code
[21:37:40] <olathuss> i think i know what you mean
[21:38:04] <olathuss> i will play with it tonight
[21:41:17] <olathuss> (also, you can move orient initialisation out of the loop) you mean for the shield?
[21:42:04] <olathuss> yeah that makes sense good call no sense doing it x times lol
[21:50:32] <lynxlynxlynx> yep
[21:50:42] <lynxlynxlynx> and the indentation is off
[21:51:07] <lynxlynxlynx> git diff nicely colors such mistakes
[21:51:58] <lynxlynxlynx> git config -global color.diff auto
[22:08:01] <olathuss> i was using emacs so that's probably why
[22:08:12] <olathuss> i need to lookup on how to change that stuff in there
[22:08:29] <olathuss> but thanks for that command i will write that down
[22:22:13] <olathuss> or maybe it was something else i dunno lol
[22:29:47] <lynxlynxlynx> changing editors can be annoying, yes
[22:30:07] <lynxlynxlynx> especially if they're set up to autofix whitespace
[22:46:33] <-- lynxlynxlynx has left IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
[22:59:08] <-- alexander__b has left IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[23:08:46] --> alexander__b has joined #gemrb