[00:00:07] <tomprince> It seems like targets don't have inheritance, so each one looks hand coded.
[00:07:40] <lostLinSoul> When I make changes to a python file what do I have to do? cmake/make won't affect those as well will it?
[00:09:29] <lostLinSoul> Or is the pyton no compiled..
[00:12:28] <tomprince> python will automayically compile on load. Except sometimes .pyc file gets left-behind when a file moves or is deleted, causing issues.
[00:12:44] <tomprince> compiled to bytecode, that is.
[00:16:41] <lostLinSoul> Have yoiu anything special you use to print message in python - akin to printMessage()?
[00:17:13] <tomprince> print wil work.
[00:17:53] <lostLinSoul> ta
[00:24:06] <lostLinSoul> I just put two print statement around a pdb.set_trace() of OpenPortraitWindow in GUICommonWindows.py and restarted gemrb in gdb, but I cannot see anything from the python edit...
[00:24:53] <tomprince> The prints should show up on the console.
[00:25:52] <lostLinSoul> In gemrb? or with all the Resource messages etc.
[00:27:16] <tomprince> the latter.
[00:29:01] <lostLinSoul> Did a search for my print string, but it is not there...
[00:29:28] <lostLinSoul> I'm sure that what generates the portrait on the right of the UI
[00:57:52] --> brad_a has joined #gemrb
[01:09:22] <-- gembot has left IRC (Quit: buildmaster reconfigured: bot disconnecting)
[01:09:23] <lostLinSoul> Night all
[01:09:36] <-- lostLinSoul has left IRC (Quit: Page closed)
[01:09:37] --> gembot has joined #gemrb
[01:48:33] --> joneirik has joined #gemrb
[02:12:57] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03bradallred * r388d43f3045c 10gemrb/gemrb/core/Scriptable/Actor.cpp: Merge branch 'master' of ssh://gemrb.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/gemrb/gemrb
[02:13:07] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03bradallred * rbeafff1e8c65 10gemrb/ (3 files in 2 dirs): Add Apple subclass of Logger class.
[02:13:08] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03bradallred * r1634bd214107 10gemrb/gemrb/core/Interface.cpp: initialize keyboard scroll speed if it isn't present in baldur.ini
[02:13:08] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03bradallred * r53144b031c5e 10gemrb/apple/GemRB.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj: Xcode: remove useless setting that should be inherited from the root of the project.
[02:13:08] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03bradallred * r3a15c59f8a90 10gemrb/apple/GemRB.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj: xcode: general project cleanup. remove some duplicate references, organize resources, sorting and target inheritance.
[02:15:10] <brad_a> heh removed about 300 lines of useless xcode settings. mostly outdated xcode 3 settings and lack of inheritance.
[02:17:34] <brad_a> tomprince: video -> SDLVideo -> SDL2Video/SDL12Video?
[02:40:32] <brad_a> btw i have no idea how to make cmake build the appropriate version of SDLVideo...
[02:40:40] <gembot> build #136 of osx-xcode-binary is complete: Success [3build successful] Build details are at http://buildbot.gemrb.org/builders/osx-xcode-binary/builds/136
[03:28:41] <brad_a> tomprince: im unsure how register the different SDL video classes at runtime based on SDL_GetVersion(); is it even possible?
[03:30:15] <tomprince> brad_a: Well, so one trick is, I don't know if we want to be loading both libraries at once.
[03:30:42] <tomprince> I guess it doesn't matter, and we do the same with openal/sdl_audio
[03:31:07] <tomprince> I dont' have sdl2 here to test.
[03:32:35] <brad_a> i was hoping this: PLUGIN_DRIVER(SDLVideoDriver, "sdl") could be done at runtime
[03:33:08] <brad_a> so if SDL_GetVersion says 2 or later then the class is SDL2VideoDriver
[03:33:34] <brad_a> and that can be run before SD_init fyi
[03:34:00] <tomprince> Well, why don't you make a branch, so I can have a look at it.
[03:34:59] <tomprince> And don't go overriding createStdioLogger.
[03:36:13] <brad_a> i did?
[03:37:48] <brad_a> oh woops
[03:37:58] <brad_a> i see what you mean. that was an accident
[03:47:39] <tomprince> Also, there isn't a good way to access it right now, but I was pondering whether it should perhaps be in apple, instead of gemrb/core/System/Logger?
[03:47:56] <tomprince> Particularly, if it needs access to things from there.
[03:48:07] <tomprince> Then, just pass it in when you start gemrb.
[03:49:41] <brad_a> that USE_HEADERMAP = NO works great :) good find
[03:50:12] <tomprince> Useless magic. ;)
[03:59:42] <brad_a> we'll worry about moving this when there is somewhere to move it :) probably after the config stuff is committed ;-)
[04:03:30] <tomprince> Well, until there is actually a difference in behavior, why not just revert it?
[04:06:48] <brad_a> yes. i suppose i should
[04:07:06] <brad_a> actually
[04:07:30] <brad_a> if i leave it with stdio i get a bunch of garbage because of colors
[04:08:22] <brad_a> with xcode build its no big deal becasue i can set NO_COLOR, but people building with cmake will get that garbage
[04:09:03] <tomprince> Well, except if they are running in a terminal that understands ansi codes...
[04:09:24] <tomprince> Which terminal.app does, doesn't it?
[04:10:32] <brad_a> yes terminal does, but i wager more people will be not running via terminal :)
[04:11:45] <brad_a> most mac users are not comfortable with terminal and would prefer to jsut open console.app and filter output to GemRB
[04:12:36] <tomprince> Does that grab the output of running programs?
[04:12:50] <brad_a> yes
[04:12:58] <brad_a> and you can filter it etc
[04:13:08] <tomprince> It should be smart enough to understand ansi ...
[04:13:16] <brad_a> strangely it doesnt...
[04:13:20] <brad_a> unless there is a setting
[04:13:26] <brad_a> but it surely isnt default
[04:15:22] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03bradallred * red9cf7ce773f 10gemrb/ (4 files in 3 dirs): Should have paid more attention when making the Apple logger.
[04:19:13] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03tom.prince * r967a9ba4af33 10gemrb/gemrb/core/System/Logging.h: Remove unused includes.
[04:19:13] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03tom.prince * r654f18328f00 10gemrb/gemrb/includes/win32def.h: Fix include guard of config.h.
[04:19:13] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03tom.prince * r43b12079a797 10gemrb/gemrb/core/ (4 files in 2 dirs): Fix up includes that use the implicit -I. from gcc.
[04:23:13] <brad_a> hmmm i think i inadvertently stripped x86 from the mac build :-/
[04:25:04] <tomprince> Also, if you want no color, you just need StdioLogger(false).
[04:30:12] <brad_a> oh thats true. i could have just done that :-p
[04:34:17] <tomprince> brad_a: Why don't you just remove it. 'cause the people who don't like terminals probably also don't want to build from source with cmake.
[04:34:44] <tomprince> And those who do, can just pass NOCOLOR if they want to.
[04:35:04] <brad_a> ok
[04:36:11] <tomprince> And then, once we have richer config, perhaps you could add a way to detect whether output is going to a terminal, or console.app.
[04:36:17] <tomprince> But do wait for that, I think.
[04:36:36] <tomprince> Is console.app potentially more structured than just lines of text?
[04:38:10] <brad_a> ish. you can output multiple lines that can be collapsed and expanded and you can filter and sort
[04:38:41] <tomprince> And can you pass keys that can be filtered on?
[04:38:54] <tomprince> like log level?
[04:40:30] <brad_a> unfortunately no
[04:42:35] <brad_a> i mean you can filter by searching sthos so kinda
[04:43:17] <brad_a> like i could first filter by app to get GemRB output then type "Error" in the search field and it would effectively filter me the errors
[04:52:21] <brad_a> tomprince: https://github.com/bradallred/gemrb/commit/777abeaba5a9660a12bfdfac3f52db2f0c0ab227
[04:52:53] <brad_a> i think i solved my problem
[04:53:41] <brad_a> but i cant be sure without building sdl 2 for mac so i can have both drivers loaded simultaniously
[04:59:03] <tomprince> That seems superfically reasonable.
[04:59:14] <tomprince> Is there more stuff that you are going to change out latter?
[04:59:31] <tomprince> And it looks like you still have some compatilbity stuff in the 1.2.
[04:59:39] <brad_a> i need to update my sdl so i can see what else taking out compatibility broke
[05:00:18] <tomprince> wjp and fuzzie, at least need to look at it.
[05:00:23] <brad_a> sure
[05:00:36] <brad_a> and cmake should probably be smarter
[05:00:51] <tomprince> Well, sure. But that doesn't need to go in at the same time.
[05:03:18] <brad_a> aside from general inefficiency there are a couple of broken things
[05:03:47] <brad_a> cursors and the modal overlay dont work currently
[05:04:07] <brad_a> but since only ios uses SDL 2 really its not a huge deal right now
[05:05:13] <brad_a> i still dont know how we should go about implementing textures
[05:38:42] <brad_a> barf. still very many things broken :-/
[05:41:21] <brad_a> i must add fullscreen toggling to the list of things currently not working in sdl 2
[05:59:41] <tomprince> https://github.com/tomprince/gemrb/compare/master...logging
[06:02:19] <brad_a> file logging will be emensely usefull for all the android people :)
[06:09:07] <brad_a> still working on it but going to bed now: https://github.com/bradallred/gemrb/tree/SDL
[06:09:21] <brad_a> i think the event queue is the last hurdle
[06:51:06] <-- brad_a has left IRC (Quit: brad_a)
[07:12:55] <-- joneirik has left IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
[07:52:40] --> lynxlynxlynx has joined #gemrb
[07:52:40] <-- lynxlynxlynx has left IRC (Changing host)
[07:52:40] --> lynxlynxlynx has joined #gemrb
[07:52:41] --- ChanServ gives channel operator status to lynxlynxlynx
[08:12:13] <-- wrotek_ has left IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[09:09:11] --- basse_ is now known as basse
[10:19:57] <-- basse has left IRC (Read error: Operation timed out)
[10:20:12] --> basse has joined #gemrb
[13:08:22] --> lostLinSoul has joined #gemrb
[13:10:36] <lostLinSoul> Hi all
[13:12:05] <lostLinSoul> Need some help with python GUI and window control - anyone can help with that at the moment?
[13:21:31] <edheldil> maybe I can
[13:22:24] <lostLinSoul> I hope so too :o)
[13:22:40] <lostLinSoul> I'm working on increasing party size
[13:23:54] <lostLinSoul> I've strated with the GUILOAD.py and updated PARTY_SIZE in GUIDefines.py to 8
[13:24:37] <tomprince> Of the 423 uses of printMessage, 164 don't have \n in them. 11 of those are in GameScript followed by printFunction or so, ~40 have conditional status after them.
[13:24:40] <lostLinSoul> Problem is that I now get [GUIScript]: Runtime Error:
[13:24:54] <tomprince> lostLinSoul: Generally it is best to just ask your question, rather than asking to ask.
[13:25:29] <tomprince> People may not be at the keyboard when you ask, but will generally see your question and respond when they get there.
[13:25:47] <lostLinSoul> tomprince: didn't know if anyone was active int the chanel..
[13:25:51] <tomprince> There should be some sort of traceback after the Runtime Error.
[13:26:07] <lostLinSoul> Yeah I'm getting to that..
[13:26:17] <lostLinSoul> Traceback (most recent call last):
[13:26:18] <tomprince> lostLinSoul: Just ask anyway. The channel is logged.
[13:26:26] <lostLinSoul> File "../gemrb/GUIScripts/bg2/GUILOAD.py", line 65, in OnLoad
[13:26:32] <lostLinSoul> Button = LoadWindow.GetControl(40+i*PARTY_SIZE+j)
[13:26:40] <lostLinSoul> File "../gemrb/GUIScripts/GUIClasses.py", line 73, in GetControl
[13:26:46] <lostLinSoul> return _GemRB.Window_GetControl(self.ID, control)
[13:26:53] <lostLinSoul> RuntimeError: Control is not found
[13:27:13] <lostLinSoul> Trying to determine how Control works
[13:27:15] <tomprince> ^---- best to put multiline things like this on something like paste.debian.net or gist.github.com
[13:28:00] <wjp> this is very likely the load screen GUI having 6 controls for party member bitmaps
[13:28:05] <lostLinSoul> Seems to be referring to Window::GetControl(unsigned int), and that seems to have something to do with a vector
[13:28:05] <tomprince> The controls are described by chu files that come with the original game. That error says that the chu file doesn't have a control with the given id.
[13:28:59] <lostLinSoul> whats with the convoluted "40+i*PARTY_SIZE+j"?
[13:30:48] <tomprince> Well, that is the load screen, which has portraits for each save game. The control ids for portraits start at 40. And so each row gets a sequence of consectutive ids.
[13:31:16] <tomprince> i.e. 40..45 for the first, 46-51, for the second, etc
[13:31:28] <tomprince> i refers to the row, and j the portrait in the row.
[13:33:32] <lostLinSoul> This does not mean that it will be necessary to mess with CHU files does it?
[13:33:53] <edheldil> lostLinSoul: it boils down to the fact that you have to either fix the CHU file or patch the UI in the python script
[13:35:01] <edheldil> e.g. by creating new buttons
[13:35:16] <edheldil> for portraits
[13:37:06] <lostLinSoul> Wow a flow diagram of how the code hangs together would be really useful right now...
[13:37:24] <lostLinSoul> Of to lunch, will be back later
[13:38:34] <tomprince> lostLinSoul: Why don't you make one.
[13:45:05] <edheldil> that was evil :)
[13:48:00] <-- gfamt has left IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
[13:48:22] <tomprince> Why? we all know the code fairly well, so we are going to make assumptions, and omit obvious things. lostLinSoul doesn't, so is likely to provide a more accurate picture, and probably one more useful for newcomers.
[13:49:12] <tomprince> And, also, the process of doing will give a very good understanding of the structure of code.
[14:13:29] <lostLinSoul> I agree that is evil...
[14:14:15] <tomprince> I'd guess that It is also probaly one of the best ways to learn a new codebase.
[14:15:09] --> SiENcE has joined #gemrb
[14:15:36] <tomprince> And, I suspect everyone who know enough to do one without studying the code is too busy with other stuff, to take the time.
[14:15:52] <tomprince> But, will all be happy to help with explaining details.
[14:45:48] --> kettuz has joined #gemrb
[14:46:49] <tomprince> we will all be ...
[15:02:54] <-- yoann_ has left IRC (Quit: Quitte)
[17:05:53] --> brad_a has joined #gemrb
[17:30:38] --> Yoshimo has joined #gemrb
[17:48:33] <-- brad_a has left IRC (Quit: brad_a)
[17:49:19] --- Shinkamu1 is now known as Shinkamui
[18:04:44] <-- SiENcE has left IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[18:13:01] --> brad_a has joined #gemrb
[18:29:54] <brad_a> that sdl migration guide is pretty misleading about how much has changed :p
[19:06:57] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03tom.prince * r7bacb1a7525a 10gemrb/gemrb/ (24 files in 9 dirs):
[19:06:57] <CIA-28> GemRB: Cleanup newline handling in printMessage calls.
[19:06:57] <CIA-28> GemRB: - Add missing newlines.
[19:06:57] <CIA-28> GemRB: - Merge with following prints.
[19:06:57] <CIA-28> GemRB: - Convert some bare prints to printMessages.
[19:09:44] <tomprince> fuzzie lynxlynxlynx: I want to change all the 'printMessage(...) if(blah) printStatus(ERROR) else printStatus(OK)' to
[19:10:19] <tomprince> 'printMessage(...\n) if (blah) printMessage(...ERROR)'
[19:11:24] <fuzzie> is that good?
[19:11:25] <tomprince> ^--- This will mkae it easier to not intermingle log messages, and get meaningful filtering, etc.
[19:11:53] <fuzzie> it seems worse :p
[19:12:29] <tomprince> Well, so what I want to avoid is building up a message in multiple calls.
[19:13:16] <fuzzie> yes, I'm just not sure it's a good idea, esp. in the absence of e.g. indentation or something
[19:13:22] <lynxlynxlynx> me neither
[19:13:31] <lynxlynxlynx> you can't tie the ERROR to the original line anymore
[19:13:45] <lynxlynxlynx> a lot of stuff doesn't print a status at the end
[19:14:04] <tomprince> Well, I was planning on having the ERROR line having a meaningful message on its own.
[19:14:06] <lynxlynxlynx> i guess it is better since your commit, though
[19:14:27] <fuzzie> well in that case it's not clear from your example :)
[19:14:39] <lynxlynxlynx> and in a lot of cases, the OK could be skipped
[19:15:01] <lynxlynxlynx> but we already have the silent flag when we know we don't need to print
[19:15:43] <fuzzie> tomprince's way would make it easier to set a low importance on the original printMessage (e.g. to logfile only) and a high importance on the error (i.e. to console) and still have the needed error info be mostly obvious?
[19:15:57] <tomprince> Yes.
[19:16:46] <tomprince> That was exactly my plan.
[19:16:49] <fuzzie> ok. in that case it seems fine to me.
[19:17:10] <fuzzie> but lynx is kind of better to ask :)
[19:18:43] --> raevol has joined #gemrb
[19:18:44] <tomprince> lynxlynxlynx: ?
[19:18:48] <raevol> aha
[19:19:22] <lynxlynxlynx> oj
[19:19:28] <raevol> lynxlynxlynx: i saw your reply to the freegamer article on morrowind engine reimplementations, and i knew i recognized your name! now I know from where! :D
[19:19:37] <lynxlynxlynx> ;)
[19:19:58] <lynxlynxlynx> tomprince: before we actually do that separation, i don't think it is a good idea
[19:20:17] <lynxlynxlynx> but that shouldn't be much extra work?
[19:20:30] <raevol> 0.7.0 new features: one can play through the whole Baldur's Gate saga
[19:20:31] <raevol> \o/
[19:20:33] <lynxlynxlynx> raevol: i used a sneaky website link there
[19:21:29] <raevol> yea, your name linked to a page that didn't help me figure it out haha
[19:21:29] <tomprince> lynxlynxlynx: Well, it is easier to do that split, if all the places we log (or at least most of them, are already outputing complete messages.
[19:21:48] <tomprince> But, if the final approach seems rasonable, I'll have a go at implementing it.
[19:22:48] <lynxlynxlynx> sure, sounds fine to me
[19:23:21] <raevol> major todos: 3ed combat, spellbooks, leveling
[19:23:24] <raevol> aww
[19:23:35] <fuzzie> yes, no iwd2 for you :p
[19:23:46] <lynxlynxlynx> for an easy start, the ERROR could print the same as the current message, just with the ERROR somewhere
[19:23:47] <raevol> what about BG1?
[19:24:02] <lynxlynxlynx> bg1 for you
[19:24:13] <raevol> :>
[19:25:01] <raevol> hah, i see my xvart animation bug is still open, hehe
[19:28:34] <fuzzie> yes, people keep poking the anims but it really needs a rewrite
[19:28:57] <raevol> i see
[19:29:10] <raevol> your wiki looks a lot better than last time i looked at it, very nice
[19:29:28] <raevol> i'll have to take the latest gemrb for a spin sometime, looks like a lot of work has been done
[19:29:30] <raevol> keep it up guys :)
[19:29:58] <raevol> i've been keeping really close tabs on openmw, helping with releases and PR
[19:30:30] <fuzzie> needs more android port!
[19:31:57] <raevol> :P
[19:32:16] <raevol> you should finish the engine on one platform before you worry about things like android, haha
[19:32:27] <fuzzie> i mean, openmw; i had a look but the wiki links for the dependencies being dead didn't inspire confidence
[19:33:06] <fuzzie> and presumably ogre is a huge pain, so alas
[19:33:10] <raevol> were you looking on openmw.com or openmw.org ?
[19:33:22] <lynxlynxlynx> oh, you're the mr'something with the videos?
[19:33:26] <raevol> the .com is a dead site, we lost access to it :(
[19:33:41] <raevol> i haven't done any videos, i mostly do forum posts, hehe
[19:33:56] <raevol> but a lot of people have been stepping up to help lately, so i've had less tod o
[19:34:04] <fuzzie> raevol: .org/wiki/
[19:35:01] <raevol> http://openmw.org/wiki/index.php?title=Development_Environment_Setup#Third-Party_Libraries_and_Tools ?
[19:35:04] <fuzzie> specifically, OIS on Development Environment Setup links to some wordpress thing
[19:35:27] <raevol> aaah i see
[19:35:51] <raevol> i'll make a forum post
[19:36:31] <fuzzie> but projects like gemrb/openmw/etc are really cool to have on modern portable devices
[19:36:49] <fuzzie> while they're still mostly useless to people if you can just run original engine :)
[19:37:06] <raevol> hmm
[19:46:58] <brad_a> tomprince: seems the mac/ios binary build failure is still not annoucing
[19:50:34] <brad_a> tho this was expected failure due to me updating libSDL lastnight
[19:50:55] --> SiENcE has joined #gemrb
[19:53:22] <tomprince> gembot: status
[19:53:22] <gembot> cmake clang++: idle, last build 39m39s ago: build successful
[19:53:22] <gembot> cmake g++-4.2: idle, last build 35m56s ago: build successful
[19:53:22] <gembot> cmake g++-4.4: idle, last build 32m02s ago: build successful
[19:53:22] <gembot> cmake g++-4.5: idle, last build 22m38s ago: build successful
[19:53:22] <gembot> cmake g++-4.6: idle, last build 28m26s ago: build successful
[19:53:23] <gembot> mingw32: idle, last build 16h17m55s ago: build successful
[19:53:23] <gembot> msvc++6: idle, last build 16h03m33s ago: build successful
[19:53:24] <gembot> nmake-msvc++10: building(uploading GemRB-nmake-vs10-v0.7.0-292-g654f183.zip) [ETA -53402 seconds]
[19:53:24] <gembot> nmake-msvc++6: idle, last build 15h46m45s ago: build successful
[19:53:25] <gembot> osx-test: idle, last build 39m32s ago: failed compile
[19:53:25] <gembot> osx-xcode-binary: idle, last build 37m40s ago: failed compile
[20:05:22] <brad_a> didn't expect the cmake one to fail tho...
[20:05:30] <brad_a> WorldMapControl.cpp:367: warning: too many arguments for format
[20:07:04] <tomprince> That'd be my mistake.
[20:11:17] <-- gembot has left IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
[20:11:45] --> gembot has joined #gemrb
[20:16:30] <CIA-28> GemRB: 03tom.prince * r6e6af49db1e1 10gemrb/gemrb/core/GUI/WorldMapControl.cpp: Fix argument error due to conversion print -> printMessage.
[20:18:11] <tomprince> brad_a: The cmake failure is because System/Logger/Apple.cpp hasn't been added to the build.
[20:20:08] <tomprince> gembot: status
[20:20:08] <gembot> cmake clang++: idle, last build 1h06m25s ago: build successful
[20:20:08] <gembot> cmake g++-4.2: idle, last build 1h02m42s ago: build successful
[20:20:08] <gembot> cmake g++-4.4: idle, last build 58m48s ago: build successful
[20:20:08] <gembot> cmake g++-4.5: idle, last build 49m24s ago: build successful
[20:20:08] <gembot> cmake g++-4.6: idle, last build 55m11s ago: build successful
[20:20:09] <gembot> mingw32: building(compiling)
[20:20:09] <gembot> msvc++6: idle, last build 16h30m19s ago: build successful
[20:20:10] <gembot> nmake-msvc++10: idle, last build 17h05m36s ago: build successful
[20:20:10] <gembot> nmake-msvc++6: idle, last build 16h13m31s ago: build successful
[20:20:11] <gembot> osx-test: idle, last build 1h06m18s ago: failed compile
[20:20:11] <gembot> osx-xcode-binary: idle, last build 1h04m25s ago: failed compile
[20:33:35] <brad_a> tomprince: im not able to do so at the moment but we can just revert that like we discussed last night.
[20:34:14] <tomprince> Yes, I'll revert that, and you'll fix up the binary?
[20:36:11] <brad_a> yes
[20:36:38] <brad_a> the binary will just have to be broken until i get the sdl stuff separated and commited
[21:00:03] <raevol> ttys guys, good to chat with you again :)
[21:00:05] <-- raevol has left #gemrb
[21:36:25] <-- SiENcE has left IRC (Quit: cya)
[21:49:37] <-- Yoshimo has left IRC (Quit: Yoshimo)
[22:47:37] --> joneirik has joined #gemrb
[22:48:29] <lostLinSoul> In Interface.h there is 'class Variables;', but I see no reference to include variables.h, how/why does that work?
[22:55:14] <tomprince> That is just a forward declaration.
[22:55:46] <tomprince> The only thing Interface.h needs to know is that it is a class, since it only deals with pointers to it.
[22:56:05] <tomprince> That means there is a dependency from Variables.h to Interface.h
[22:56:26] <lostLinSoul> Also in Interface::Init(), there is 'plugin_flags = new Variables();', in Variables.h I only see a definition for 'Variables(int nBlockSize, int nHashTableSize)' - in which there are asserts for 'nBloackSize > 0' and 'nHashTableSize > 16', so how does 'new Variables()' work?
[22:56:49] <lostLinSoul> Ah didn't know youi could do that!
[22:56:59] <tomprince> Look in Varialbes.h, there are default values for the args.
[22:59:13] <lostLinSoul> Ah didn't spot that, now I feel silly
[22:59:34] <lostLinSoul> Thanks
[23:20:59] <-- lynxlynxlynx has left IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
[23:52:29] <tomprince> fuzzie lynxlynxlynx: https://github.com/tomprince/gemrb/compare/logging2~1...logging2
[23:58:59] <tomprince> ^--- I am not attached to any of the details of that.
[23:59:23] <tomprince> I just wanted to see what stuff would look like, roughly.