#gemrb@irc.freenode.net logs for 3 Apr 2010 (GMT)

Archive Today Yesterday Tomorrow
GemRB homepage


[00:02:29] <tomprince_loki> Something like http://pastebin.ca/1855417
[00:02:54] --> cfchris6 has joined #GemRb
[00:04:39] <fuzzie> if you can avoid it being on the heap..
[00:07:16] <tomprince_loki> That was the thought.
[00:07:30] <tomprince_loki> Except storing one in DirectoryImporter.
[00:07:35] <fuzzie> ugh, FindInDir is causing a malloc() for every path element anyway..
[00:08:34] <tomprince_loki> Also, I was meaning to have ResolvePath handled in path, as it is built up, since that is how ResolvePath works anyway.
[00:09:56] <tomprince_loki> So that Path would always hold a resolved path, and we would keep re-resolving paths.
[00:10:35] <fuzzie> Well, I can see that storing the resolved path in DirectoryImporter makes sen se.
[00:11:30] <fuzzie> would like to avoid putting another big rearchitectural patches on the queue though..
[00:12:03] <tomprince_loki> I wasn't plannig to write it until after the queue had emptied.
[00:15:39] <tomprince_loki> There should actually be a ResolveFilePath in DirectoryImporter::Open.
[00:18:20] <tomprince_loki> If you are hitting the malloc in FindInDir on anything but the last component, then that would fix that bit.
[00:28:40] <-- raevol has left IRC (Quit: Leaving.)
[01:40:01] --> Gekz has joined #GemRb
[01:43:59] <-- barraAway has left IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[03:11:03] <-- Maighstir_laptop has left #GemRb
[03:58:06] <-- tomprince_loki has left IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[05:22:33] --> raevol has joined #GemRb
[05:30:08] <Gekz> I hear wisdom does fuck all with saving throws
[05:40:32] <-- ratpor has left IRC (Quit: Get used to disappointment.)
[06:48:02] --> tomprince_loki has joined #GemRb
[07:18:02] --> lynxlynxlynx has joined #GemRb
[07:18:02] --- ChanServ gives channel operator status to lynxlynxlynx
[07:22:34] --> edheldil has joined #GemRb
[07:35:23] <-- Nomad010 has left IRC (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[08:02:39] <-- tomprince_loki has left IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[08:28:45] <-- edheldil has left IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[08:46:42] --> kettuz has joined #GemRb
[09:15:48] <fuzzie> looks like 4e2d4b07 is the real culprit for last night.
[09:16:32] <fuzzie> It also breaks the logic in some subtle ways. Will have to look at it later.
[09:36:34] <Gekz> fuzzie: does wis do anything for a paladin
[09:38:47] <fuzzie> don't ask me :)
[09:40:28] <fuzzie> doesn't seem like it's going to help with anything except lore
[09:40:38] <Gekz> lore?
[09:40:45] <Gekz> there's no lore in 2e
[09:40:45] <Gekz> :o
[09:40:52] <fuzzie> but this is why there is a high minimum wis for paladins :p
[09:41:10] <fuzzie> and, tsk, since when do we discuss 2e in here? :) bioware terribly-mangled random rules for everyone!
[09:41:52] <Gekz> bioware mangles a lot of things
[09:41:58] <Gekz> most recently the entire concept of a good game
[09:43:42] <fuzzie> the 2e player's handbook sitting on my shelf claims various things for wisdom, if you want the non-bioware version
[09:44:38] <fuzzie> but in bioware land it is pretty boring :)
[09:44:42] <-- kettuz has left IRC (Quit: Leaving)
[09:57:35] <lynxlynxlynx> Gekz: extra spells / max spell level
[09:57:49] <fuzzie> not for paladins, right?
[09:58:03] <lynxlynxlynx> i'm not sure
[09:58:56] <lynxlynxlynx> mxsplpal.2da - Paladin
[09:59:10] <lynxlynxlynx> mxsplwis.2da - Wisdom bonus spells
[10:00:01] <lynxlynxlynx> the first one is just about both levels
[10:02:41] <lynxlynxlynx> well, that leaves only the max level a bit uncertain, iesdp says they don't get bonus spells
[10:04:20] <fuzzie> silly game rules :)
[10:08:40] <fuzzie> i just hope that if i keep fixing the engine bugs, you and others will fix up the rules
[10:10:07] <lynxlynxlynx> i can't find any code for wisdom spell restriction, but i'm pretty certain the ingame description require a minimum, not just for int
[10:10:19] <lynxlynxlynx> will have to try it sometime
[10:10:40] <lynxlynxlynx> fuzzie: we'll fix whatever needs fixing :)
[10:12:33] <fuzzie> i was thinking of annotating the wiki todo list with some more details of how to fix, too
[10:13:07] <fuzzie> can i get you to overwrite my wiki password?
[10:14:52] <fuzzie> with something like $1$UoyUA1Im$Kid.PPqr3TbZWZ2jnZ6ee0, if i remember the wiki config format correctly
[10:15:10] <lynxlynxlynx> sure
[10:16:32] <lynxlynxlynx> so that's the pass you want or something else?
[10:16:39] <fuzzie> that one would be good :)
[10:17:08] <fuzzie> although i don't really mind, just anything i can login with :p
[10:17:21] <lynxlynxlynx> too late
[10:17:50] <lynxlynxlynx> there are multiple formats for md5, but let's see
[10:19:45] <lynxlynxlynx> try it
[10:20:56] <fuzzie> works :) thankyou
[10:24:39] <fuzzie> i am sort of wondering if, with git, it might be easier to attract some new contributors, especially if there's a list of relatively easy tasks
[10:25:51] <lynxlynxlynx> i don't see any gain with git for that, unless they know it already and know to split their work up in small chunks
[10:26:26] <lynxlynxlynx> a junior job/quickfix list is a good thing
[10:27:55] <fuzzie> well, i was thinking of pointing people in the direction of github, and then using their annotation tools - see http://github.com/NickDaly/GemRB-Multiple-Configs-Branch/commit/6d0087493a5c3e937227063001187875104200db
[10:28:34] <fuzzie> but, yes, i'll have to type mine in from paper
[11:17:04] --> edheldil has joined #GemRb
[11:17:54] <-- raevol has left IRC (Quit: Leaving.)
[11:28:04] <-- edheldil has left IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[12:05:00] --> Maighstir_laptop has joined #GemRb
[13:58:24] <-- Maighstir_laptop has left IRC (Quit: Maighstir_laptop)
[15:18:56] <tomprince> fuzzie: That seems strange. I would have thought that patch is a net win, since that patch moves a bunch of ResolveFilePaths from GetResource to startup.
[15:19:37] <tomprince> Unless we are then hitting something in BIFImporter::OpenArchive now, that we weren't before.
[15:21:02] <tomprince> Or, if GameOnCD is set.
[15:22:54] <tomprince> Actaully, it looks like there might be a bug in FindBIFOnCD, in that we destructively change entry->path in there.
[15:41:04] <fuzzie> GameOnCD no longer looks on-disk.
[15:41:47] <fuzzie> (in the 'breaks logic' column)
[15:51:25] <fuzzie> not sure why it's slower though.
[16:08:56] <fuzzie> I wouldn't bother looking into it, I just don't have the time to profile right now.
[16:09:55] <fuzzie> Although if you have bugfixes, would be nice :-)
[16:41:54] <tomprince> or.cz/for-fuzzie
[16:42:23] <tomprince> I think that should fix it, but I am not setup to test GameOnCD.
[16:42:37] <tomprince> There is also (seperately) as clang compile fix.
[16:42:54] <tomprince> It actually compiles and runs now, but isn't yet Werror clean.
[16:43:46] <fuzzie> That seems a rather strange clang fix.
[16:44:28] <tomprince> I think clang may actually be broken there.
[16:44:50] <fuzzie> would hardly be the last code change for a broken compiler :-)
[16:45:11] <tomprince> But this way the vtable isn't in the header, so in everything that includes it.
[16:51:04] <fuzzie> *nod*, compilers should really be a bit cleverer than that.
[16:53:48] <fuzzie> clang does appear to do it the standard way, looking at a quick compile.
[16:55:15] <tomprince> Well, I am not sure exactly what is happening, but on x86_64, it complains about the linkage of the AmbientMgr vtable in the two sound plugins. Something about -fPIC.
[16:55:34] <tomprince> Following the IRC channel, the virtual handling seems to be a bit buggy.
[16:57:09] <fuzzie> Ah, yes, this is going to be included across multiple libraries.
[16:58:00] <fuzzie> Anyway, a harmless change if you want it committed.
[17:06:59] <CIA-43> GemRB: 03tom.prince * r3dfdce7dee5a 10gemrb/gemrb/plugins/Core/ (AmbientMgr.cpp AmbientMgr.h):
[17:06:59] <CIA-43> GemRB: clang: Fixes for building with clang.
[17:06:59] <CIA-43> GemRB: Signed-off-by: Tom Prince <tom.prince@ualberta.net>
[17:07:00] <CIA-43> GemRB: 03fuzzie * rb524b2399f2b 10gemrb/gemrb/plugins/Core/ (Actions.cpp Audio.h): pull AmbientMgr.h include from Audio.h
[17:13:21] <CIA-43> GemRB: 03tom.prince * r5327e5f5111a 10gemrb/gemrb/plugins/KEYImporter/KEYImporter.cpp:
[17:13:21] <CIA-43> GemRB: KEYImporter: Bug fixes for GameOnCD case.
[17:13:21] <CIA-43> GemRB: Signed-off-by: Tom Prince <tom.prince@ualberta.net>
[17:13:58] <fuzzie> I think that's all of that branch?
[17:21:20] <fuzzie> Would it be a problem if I tried some small optimisation changes to the code myself?
[17:22:53] <fuzzie> As I said I don't really have the time today, but it seems that it would make sense.
[17:25:14] <fuzzie> (And I'd prefer to make myself happy with this before merging everything else on top.)
[18:04:07] <tomprince> That is all of that branch.
[18:04:35] <tomprince> And no, I don't mind you optimizing the code.
[18:10:11] <fuzzie> Do you have a test case (eg, instructions for triggering) for the banter issue?
[18:10:42] <tomprince> Not in an unmodded game.
[18:12:05] <tomprince> http://www.shsforums.net/forum/259-classic-adventures/ version 50a is what triggered it.
[18:12:23] <tomprince> I havent tested 0.51 or 0.52 yet.
[18:12:42] <fuzzie> If the original engine handles it, we should too, obviously.
[18:13:00] <fuzzie> So a mod is fine, I'm just wondering if we can fix it properly.
[18:14:39] --> Nomad010 has joined #GemRb
[18:16:38] <tomprince> Just grab the NPC shadow, and one of the others, Dilbert or Rurik, and Shadow will start asking questions, and not get a response.
[18:19:36] <tomprince> f1ed80e49ea4518c711256784beb8ab0b8cc457e fixed part of it, where not only would the conversation never finish, it would trigger over and over.
[18:35:18] --> Avenger_ has joined #GemRb
[18:35:31] --- Avenger_ is now known as Avenger
[18:35:32] --- ChanServ gives channel operator status to Avenger
[18:35:56] <Avenger> hi
[18:36:16] <fuzzie> heya
[18:37:04] <Avenger> did you find a mod incompatibility?
[18:37:31] <fuzzie> this is the old banter thing which we talked about last year, i never got around to testing it
[18:38:26] <fuzzie> (banter dialog transitions which point to another banter file don't work)
[18:38:31] <Avenger> the mod uses banter for something more than an one liner?
[18:38:50] <tomprince> Yes.
[18:38:55] <fuzzie> a lot of mods use crazy complicated banters
[18:40:37] <Avenger> weird, i recall we fixed something for 0.6.0
[18:42:00] <fuzzie> Avenger: on the todo list, you put GF_EXTENDED_ANIM_ID - you mean you want to be able to disable the avatars.2da intervals for some games?
[18:42:51] <fuzzie> the trouble with dialog is that every time i change something, i seem to break something else
[18:42:54] <Avenger> i know that flag was important
[18:43:28] <Avenger> hehe fuzzie: that's a familiar feeling, and not just with dialog
[18:43:57] <fuzzie> every time i add one more savegame to the 'to test' list, but it is never enough :)
[18:44:10] <fuzzie> i think i hate pst the most, where actors die during dialog..
[18:44:36] <Avenger> our engine would be 'just fine' for a new game
[18:44:46] <Avenger> but full compatibility with 5 different games...
[18:44:47] <fuzzie> oh, i fixed default.toh loading, btw :)
[18:44:52] <Avenger> oh cool
[18:45:05] <Avenger> i hope it was just 1-2 lines
[18:45:09] <fuzzie> I don't know anything about it, but the error message was annoying me. :P
[18:45:11] <Avenger> i mean, i wasn't too far from it
[18:45:23] <Avenger> hmm
[18:45:30] <Avenger> so you just removed the message?
[18:45:32] <fuzzie> nope
[18:45:35] <fuzzie> - str = _fopen( fname, "ab" );
[18:45:35] <fuzzie> + str = _fopen( fname, "r+b" );
[18:45:43] <Avenger> ah that fixed it?
[18:45:46] <fuzzie> yep :)
[18:46:16] <fuzzie> so it manages to read the data and write the file again on save, now
[18:46:17] <Avenger> why would it open for write...
[18:46:47] <fuzzie> it uses Modify(), so it can append new strings on the end
[18:47:19] <Avenger> oh, well, i forget stuff too easily
[18:47:30] <fuzzie> well, anyway,i don't know if anything depended on the strings
[18:47:43] <Avenger> custom map notes, for example
[18:47:50] <Avenger> that's easy to test
[18:48:21] <Avenger> back to GF_EXTENDED_ANIM_ID
[18:49:07] <Avenger> hmm it was not implemented?
[18:49:39] <Avenger> it looks like we always use intervals
[18:49:41] <fuzzie> no; internals are used in every game right now, if that was the idea
[18:49:52] <fuzzie> i just wondered if you still wanted the flag added
[18:51:27] <fuzzie> i was looking at the code wondering if i could fix the animations some more, but maybe trying to get DLTCEP to auto-generate a better avatars.2da is still a better plan
[18:51:40] <Avenger> you mean, intervals ? and i don't remember why they were a bad idea. something about the orc anims in iwd2
[18:51:59] <fuzzie> monsters suddenly turning invisible is one of the only really obvious bugs left
[18:52:01] <Avenger> i fixed 'some' stuff in dltcep but not all
[18:52:15] <Avenger> that is animation sequence problem
[18:52:26] <Avenger> try to hunt their anim id down
[18:52:37] <Avenger> hmm, you fixed the pst dying?
[18:53:04] <fuzzie> it is better, i still need to add that extra dead animation id you suggested
[18:54:14] <Avenger> it doesn't need a new cache value, just a hacked ID, and, we need a lot of such ids hacked for pst, they seem to have lots of redundant ids
[18:54:41] <Avenger> all those MIME* stances
[18:55:11] <Avenger> hmm, if i remember correctly, i made some 2da for that?
[18:55:28] <fuzzie> i don't remember a 2da, but i remember us looking at the RE
[18:56:19] <Avenger> yes, maybe i just made some txt
[18:57:02] <fuzzie> does anything else need doing on projectiles? the todo still has 'bouncing lightning' on the list
[18:57:04] <Avenger> yep, some 'stance conversion table'
[18:57:20] <Avenger> that is a todo, yes
[18:57:57] <Avenger> and i suspect there are some projectiles not completely looking the same as the original (some may be very bad)
[18:58:05] <fuzzie> oh, i added a hack for the default icewind2.gam
[18:58:06] <Avenger> oh and PST
[18:58:09] <fuzzie> maybe you want to look at it
[18:58:21] <Avenger> pst is totally lacking some projectile features
[18:58:38] <fuzzie> the default icewind2.gam file is V2.0 (bg2 version)
[18:58:51] <Avenger> it has a special structure something like the bastard child of a projectile and an effect
[18:58:58] <fuzzie> so gemrb would load that for a new game and then try saving as the same version, corrupting the save
[18:59:19] <Avenger> uh
[18:59:36] <Avenger> we need to force the iwd2 save
[18:59:36] <fuzzie> i just added something which checks for GameType==iwd2 and forces the version to 2.2, in GAMImp::LoadGame
[18:59:55] <Avenger> yeah, i like what you say, except the 'GameType==iwd2' part :D
[19:00:18] <fuzzie> well, i thought i would say, so you can fix what i committed :-)
[19:00:18] <Avenger> somehow we should be able to force that from script
[19:00:27] <Avenger> oh meh
[19:00:33] <Avenger> ok, so you did it again :P
[19:00:55] <fuzzie> see "// HACK: default icewind2.gam is 2.0! ack! maybe add a config option to force this?" in GAMImporter.cpp
[19:00:55] <Avenger> i think it just needs some new script parameter
[19:01:10] <fuzzie> in the guiscript, when loading the game?
[19:01:16] <Avenger> hopefully all loadgames are initiated by guiscript
[19:01:32] <Avenger> so, if we pass an optional 'forced version' parameter, it is all nice and happy
[19:02:22] <Avenger> we just need to overwrite the version (or whatever the exporter uses for "same as original"
[19:02:36] <fuzzie> i guess we just look for the LoadGame(-1) calls
[19:03:10] <Avenger> ok, i will check this
[19:03:37] <fuzzie> the saved games from the original are fine, so it's only the Default Game
[19:03:49] <fuzzie> if you fix it, please remove my hack from GAMImporter too :)
[19:06:56] <Avenger> of course
[19:09:19] <tomprince> Avenger: What is your thought on moving core out of the plugins dir, and using include paths, rather than hardcoding relative directories?
[19:09:50] <Avenger> we could make core not an .so completely, no?
[19:10:03] <Avenger> i never understood why is it loaded by a small bootstrap code
[19:10:13] <fuzzie> that would be a good idea
[19:10:43] <tomprince> We probably could, but that change would require a bit more testing.
[19:10:52] <Avenger> well, we got time :D
[19:10:55] <fuzzie> well, just do it in bits :)
[19:11:13] <tomprince> I think part of the issue might be locating symbols in the main binary. I don't know though.
[19:11:44] <fuzzie> Avenger: did you get this building with VC++ again?
[19:11:48] <tomprince> I have a patch for the first bit ready to go, but I don't MSVC, so I can't update the project files.
[19:13:09] <Avenger> not yet
[19:13:32] <fuzzie> i think it's best for someone to try that before we make yet more changes
[19:13:42] <fuzzie> and i just didn't find the time yet
[19:14:11] <tomprince> One thing I realised today, they will get broken again once the sound stuff, and the rest of the image stuff goes in.
[19:15:49] <fuzzie> yes, i just don't want to have to rewrite everything because there is some issue
[19:25:19] <Avenger> i didn't update the guiscript yet
[19:25:30] <CIA-43> GemRB: 03avenger_teambg * r8105aa7a28fd 10gemrb/gemrb/docs/en/GUIScript/LoadGame.txt: LoadGame documentation update
[19:25:33] <CIA-43> GemRB: 03avenger_teambg * re1b4a6ff7bea 10gemrb/gemrb/plugins/GUIScript/GUIScript.cpp: LoadGame update for override version
[19:25:34] <CIA-43> GemRB: 03avenger_teambg * r2dc6e40ccf70 10gemrb/gemrb/plugins/ (5 files in 2 dirs): new LoadGame option: override version in saved game
[19:26:10] <Avenger> hmm i hope 22 is the iwd2 version number code
[19:26:15] <fuzzie> yep
[19:27:01] <Avenger> ok
[19:27:13] <Avenger> i absolutely didn't test this ;D
[19:27:27] <CIA-43> GemRB: 03avenger_teambg * r6a4be87377db 10gemrb/gemrb/GUIScripts/iwd2/SPParty.py: use the new version override feature when needed
[19:27:45] <fuzzie> well, iwd2 is so broken anyway :/
[19:27:55] <fuzzie> i noticed that we don't bother trying to save a lot of the data still
[19:28:17] <Avenger> well, do we load them though?
[19:28:22] <fuzzie> yes
[19:28:32] <Avenger> if yes, then it is somewhat easier
[19:29:36] <Avenger> well, i hope this 'solution' worths the extra code, yours was short but hackish, i just delegated the hack to guiscript level
[19:32:18] --> tomprince_loki has joined #GemRb
[19:32:47] <fuzzie> but, yes, CREImp::GetActor is fine, but CREImp::PutActor just writes zeros for book headers, domain headers, innates, songs, etc
[19:32:58] <fuzzie> i spent a while being confused by that :)
[19:33:35] <Avenger> that's awful ;)
[19:33:54] <Avenger> but still, i'm happy i made the loader :D
[19:34:38] <fuzzie> yes, i hope that is hard bit. iwd2 is a bit hopeless anyway.
[19:35:21] <Avenger> ok, i have to go, i hope i didn't make you even more work. And yeah, iwd2 and pst are tough, but i still think they will work
[19:35:33] <Avenger> see you later
[19:35:35] <-- Avenger has left IRC (Quit: bye!)
[19:37:33] <fuzzie> my iwd2 is on an ntfs-3g drive, so loading it with the ResolveFilePath issues is.. interesting
[19:38:27] <fuzzie> save is still fine, though.
[19:41:49] <fuzzie> tomprince_loki: will you fix the debug output for keyimporter?
[19:42:59] <tomprince_loki> Yes. Not for a bit though. It requires some surgery on BIFImporter, so I'd rather wait for other things to go in before tackling that.
[19:43:21] <tomprince_loki> BIFImporter handles the [FOUND] or [NOT FOUND] right now.
[19:45:58] <fuzzie> which things?
[19:46:13] <fuzzie> i am avoiding the sound/image bits until the error output isn't broken for them, so this is maybe a loop.
[19:46:25] <fuzzie> um, not error output, non-error output.
[19:47:09] <fuzzie> but the DirectoryImporter bits are next anyway, I guess.
[19:47:46] <fuzzie> i mean: this is just a question, not a "please do this".
[19:48:54] <tomprince_loki> Well, what is it that is broken? Is the FIXME that just landed?
[19:49:01] <tomprince_loki> Or is it something else.
[19:49:09] <fuzzie> yes - it is far from the end of the world.
[19:49:47] <fuzzie> it just seems a bit silly converting more code to use a FIXME branch, but if you'd prefer waiting for some commit, that is fin e.
[19:50:38] <fuzzie> in general i am a bit nervous about this whole conversion, because i'm not sure how i'd load specific file types now.
[19:51:22] <tomprince_loki> Well, not waiting for anything in particular, I just haven't ever really looked at BIFImporter, and so I don't know how much I would need to change, just to fix debug output.
[19:53:08] <tomprince_loki> Well right now, you load Images and Movies with GetResource(...., ::TypeID)
[19:53:22] <tomprince_loki> The sound patch adds sounds to that list.
[19:53:25] <fuzzie> well
[19:53:32] <fuzzie> my worry is: what if you have a file.bmp and a file.mos?
[19:54:38] <tomprince_loki> There is no way to, right now.
[19:54:40] <fuzzie> i didn't really think about this before.
[19:55:56] <tomprince_loki> It wouldn't be all that difficult to add back.
[19:56:42] <tomprince_loki> I seem to recall looking through the file list dumps, and not seeing any duplicates.
[19:57:22] <fuzzie> well, this is why i'm thinking about this now: i didn't check any mods.
[20:00:00] <fuzzie> And I looked at how much work it would be to add a preferred type, and it is not entirely trivial because the type loops are inside the plugins.
[20:02:57] <fuzzie> so this is more worrying i am doing about the basic architecture.
[20:05:02] <fuzzie> (afaik it's not actually a problem for sounds)
[20:06:57] <fuzzie> oh, i guess maybe something unlikely and subtle with BIF files, but i don't see it happening..
[20:08:14] <tomprince_loki> Well, I have the BWP project installed here, so a bunch of mods. I'll post a list of all filesnames that exist with multiple extensions.
[20:12:05] <fuzzie> does BWP add a lot of content?
[20:12:46] <tomprince_loki> Yes. BWP is the Big World Project, which tries to combine all or most of the mods. Except the total conversions. I don't have all the mods installed, but a fair few.
[20:16:11] <fuzzie> i guess it depends on what you choose, the 'recommended' stuff has some likely-looking candidates
[20:16:36] <tomprince_loki> http://pastebin.ca/1856023 has the summary, counts of the filetypes among the duplicates.
[20:16:56] <tomprince_loki> http://pastebin.ca/1856022 is the list of duplicate files.
[20:18:40] <fuzzie> so the XRxxxx.BMP/XRxxxx.MOS files
[20:20:34] <fuzzie> am surprised to find any in a mainstream mod install.
[20:21:38] <fuzzie> since those are presumably from base ToB?
[20:22:36] <tomprince_loki> Yes.
[20:22:41] <tomprince_loki> Where are the XR from?
[20:23:10] <tomprince_loki> That it is suprising.
[20:24:04] <tomprince_loki> Actually, those posts weren't from a BWP install, it has been a while since I have actually played, to play, so I forgot what was installed where.
[20:25:17] <tomprince_loki> But I do have an install where the weidu.log claims I have 243 mods installed.
[20:25:52] <fuzzie> xr1200 is presumably the windspear hills?
[20:26:56] <fuzzie> is it used?
[20:26:58] <tomprince_loki> Well, that is the combined list, original+mods.
[20:27:17] <tomprince_loki> And it isn't a conversion, it is a bunch of extra content for bg1+bg2.
[20:27:31] <fuzzie> no, no, i mean, these duplicates are from base ToB
[20:28:05] <tomprince_loki> Ah.
[20:28:27] <fuzzie> i don't think any are relevant..
[20:29:55] <fuzzie> as in, all are unused?
[20:31:10] <tomprince_loki> I don't know.
[20:31:53] <tomprince_loki> I think the issue came up in dec, and that was the response then.
[20:31:59] <fuzzie> well, i don't see any ARE matches :)
[20:32:47] <fuzzie> but i would expect duplicates to be pretty obscure
[20:33:01] <fuzzie> just would be nice to have a coping strategy if they happen
[20:33:23] <fuzzie> because random mods do the weirdest things
[20:35:23] <tomprince_loki> Well, we won't need to worry about PLTs, since the plugin branch changes them from ImageMgr.
[20:35:56] <tomprince_loki> We don't have to worry about acm/wav, since the original engine doesn't differentiate them, and doesn't support wavs.
[20:40:30] <-- tomprince_loki has left IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[20:40:30] <fuzzie> yes,i just think bmp/mos will collide
[20:40:33] <fuzzie> but a worry for another time
[20:40:59] <-- tomprince has left IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[20:41:18] --> tomprince_loki has joined #GemRb
[20:41:33] <fuzzie> i am finding issues where they're unimportant, i expect. I'll fix the keyimporter output unless you are particularly wanting to do it?
[20:41:52] <tomprince_loki> No.
[20:41:57] <tomprince_loki> Go ahead.
[20:42:09] --> Maighstir_laptop has joined #GemRb
[20:42:13] --> tomprince has joined #GemRb
[20:43:20] <tomprince_loki> It might actually make sense to move the loops out of the plugins, because then we can have the output on success be handled in GameData, in one place.
[20:46:10] <tomprince_loki> Interesting how refactoring things leads to cascading simplifications.
[21:19:06] <fuzzie> How does the BWP work in gemrb, by the way?
[21:21:38] <-- cfchris6 has left IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[21:23:23] --> cfchris6 has joined #GemRb
[21:35:09] <tomprince_loki> I haven't actually played that much of it.
[21:36:14] <tomprince_loki> I got interested in adding things like TIZ file support to gemrb, and that lead to all sorts of other stuff, and I never got back to playing the game. :)
[21:45:58] <tomprince_loki> BWP Summary: http://pastebin.ca/1856104 Duplicate File Names: http://pastebin.ca/1856105
[21:47:46] <fuzzie> Difficult to see if there are any issues there.
[21:47:52] <fuzzie> ag1000lm.bmp
[21:47:52] <fuzzie> ag1000lm.mos
[21:47:56] <fuzzie> ^- This seems unlikely.
[21:48:59] <fuzzie> bktouchs.bmp, cm7000.bmp, cm7100.bmp perhaps a little moreso.
[21:51:42] <tomprince_loki> cm7000 is from theundying. bktouchs is from touched (portraits)
[21:52:31] <tomprince_loki> i am on the wrong computer to look at them right now, but it wouldn't suprise me if some of them are duplicate pictures because the original engine needed one or the other depending on the context.
[21:53:12] <fuzzie> Well, if you think moving the loops out of the plugins makes sense, then it would be trivial to add a "try this type first" anyway.
[21:53:49] <tomprince_loki> It certainly wouldn't hurt.
[21:55:00] <tomprince_loki> I wouldn't do it at this point unless you are moving the logging output there too.
[21:56:27] <tomprince_loki> From the point of view of interface design, i think it 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
[21:56:55] <fuzzie> Well, it is annoying in the sense that it stops you from overriding one file type with another.
[22:02:20] <fuzzie> But I was thinking of the logging.
[22:03:27] <tomprince_loki> In what sense does stop you from overriding?
[22:04:43] <fuzzie> Sorry; I was thinking about the (thereotical) addition of a this-type-first parameter.
[22:04:53] <tomprince_loki> Ah. Yes.
[22:26:56] --> edheldil has joined #GemRb
[22:38:38] <tomprince_loki> edheldil: I'm going to poke you again about you lua plugin ;)
[22:42:45] <edheldil> tomprince, I have started to move it to git, but with all the Easter celebrations (e.g. drank all afternoon and evening) it's not done yet. But it's the current workqueue head :)
[22:43:46] <-- lynxlynxlynx has left IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
[22:44:42] <tomprince_loki> :)
[22:44:59] <tomprince_loki> No rush. :)
[22:48:58] <tomprince_loki> Just curious is all.
[23:24:46] <fuzzie> That bg2 flickering bug is really a pain.
[23:27:45] <fuzzie> Have a fix, though.
[23:53:44] <-- edheldil has left IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)